At the end of out unit, second graders reflected on their learning over the past few weeks. Here are some of their thoughts and connections:
Things I Learned:
- You don't have to be the best, you just do your best
- Being first isn't so important
- The dip is not easy, but it is not bad
- Everybody goes through the dip
- You can learn to love the dip!
- You might get nervous in the dip so you worry
- The dip is when you feel mad or sad and might want to quit
- Going in the dip is when you get stuck and do not know what to do
- You can always reflect and improve from the dip
Connections I Made:
- The dip is like flexibility because you are trying different ways to get out
- I'm in the dip when I am in math and I get stuck on a problem
- I was in dance and I could not do the dance, so I got in the dip. I practiced and then I did it.
- I was trying to tie my shoes and I got frustrated. I kept trying and I got it!
- I feel scared when I'm in the dip
- I got out of the dip when I reflected about what I did wrong
- They show resilience because they bounce back and try again